Monday, July 6, 2015

Annyeonghaseyo Korea - Prequel


I went for holiday to Korea on 2013 which via travel agent. It was my first time to step my foot outside South East Asia (yeah I know it's a bit late, but better late than never right?), so I thought to have a total tourist service for this trip.

Why by agent and not DIY/backpacking?
I have so many reasons for that. Of course the top one would be laziness. As I mentioned above, it was my 1st time. However if I wanted to go for backpacking, I don’t think it is too difficult to get the info online. Korea is among the top visited country by Malaysian especially since K-pop culture invaded introduced to our country. Lots of blog wrote a very details trip to Korea… from budget, transport, accommodation, itinerary, places to eat/visit and with tips. All I have to do is just a bit of research and mix match the itinerary. Furthermore, Korea is one develop country with efficient public transports. Safety will also not be an issue there. Then what was it that stop me from travel by my own?

Actually I never thought of travel to Korea that year. It was not in my wishlist after all. It just happened when my friend went to MATTA fair and she found a good deal for Korea trip from APPLE HOLIDAY TOUR at RM4,300. Ya I know, some of you might roll your eyes at the figure. RM4k cheap??? Untunglar org kaya.. Ok lets me explain. Based on my survey on the blogs, average budget for trip to Korea is about RM2-3k. Don't u think it's kind of worth it to add another RM1k and you will get convenient flight by MAS, 4 stars hotel's accommodation, on time halal meals 3 times a day, a guarantee tourist-spots visit, local tour-guide (in case you are interested to learn some history) and add on trip to JEJU Island! Most of backpackers didn't go there as you will need to get a domestic flight or ferry to the island. The budget will be more. With the reasons as above, I quickly agreed to take the package and paid RM500 booking fee. We chose to travel in autumn as it was my dream to experience the season. Excited as all were the 1st time for me.... 1st time been further out from SE Asia, 1st time experience difference weather... That's why I wanted to make it easy, special and hassle free. Just paid and enjoy the holiday. Everything already arranged for us.

Some may claim that the adventure will be less if we go for travel with agent, which I quite agreed. But it depends on individual preference of travel also. Some people love to have a laid back, comfort and eveready program of tour (being totally tourist), while some might get the satisfaction by blending with locals, using public transport, get lost etc...
It is inappropriate to judge which way give more fun, more excitement.... all I can say is both ways will give different experiences and hey, as long as your dream is full-filled, with your desired style and you happy with it..... nothing else matters right? #akuygbayarkoygpanas. Hehehehehe.....

Seems like I had give a long introduction (please don't get bored, I'm back to my habit… can't get rid of it sorry), so here I'm sharing with you experiences of my vacatian to Korea.

Since my trip was 2 years ago, I will try to recall all the events (thanks to the numerous photo I took :P) and even this trip was using a travel agent, I hope you may find it informative especially on giving the idea of the places to visit and itinerary for your reference.

Till then we continued to 1st Day : Korea trip on next post.

Salam...
-LOVELeen-

No comments: