Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day - Lawatan Kaum Ibu ke Terengganu.

The last time I went to Terengganu (oh I forgot I just back from Redang last month), or to be specific to Pak Uda's house at Paka, was 4 years ago. Currently my uncle already moved to Rantau Petronas at Kerteh. I was so excited to see if there's any changes there as I usually heard that Kerteh was a hollow town eventhough it is known as a Petroleum hub in penisular Malaysia..

Im not in da mood to write 2nite so why dont we just let the pictures tell you the story. I already prepared some choronologies here...

A bit about my journey, first I will go to pick up my mom at Tampin, then straight to Makcik Kuntom's house at Jasin. Since Jasin already at the end of Malacca border and next to Tangkak Johor (1/2hr drive), we were not going to use KL-Karak highway, instead we used the Segamat-Muadzam Shah route (Tun Razak Highway) to Terengganu.

I started my trip at 10.30pm after berakfast.
Kajang to Malacca using LEKAS highway, exited at Seremban and using "jalan lama" to Tampin.
02052010236

Reached Tampin around 12pm, picked up my mom next my aunt at Jasin then countinued our journey. It was only at Tangkak then we stopped for lunch around 2.30pm.
02052010242

Finally... not yet arrived, just reached Gambang, Pahang and rest again to scretch my muscles. Mind you that I drove along the way of this journey... kasi "can" kat kaum ibu berbual2 and menikmati pemandangan.
02052010243
P/S : Imagine numerous hour of driving without music, listened to "kaum ibu" gossiping an issues that were outside my interest, plus I will irritate my mom if I took lots of photo, such a very CONSERVATIVE trip if you asked me. But YES I already considered all these factors so Im not complaining. Yet I can still called it as an interesting and thrill experiences. Why I say thrill... to cope with "kaum Ibu" taste and style were quite challenging... nevertheless it was Mother's Day, so layan je la kehendak diaorg...

From Kuantan, it took another 100km so after few stops to loo and refilled car fuel, we reached Pak Uda's house nearly at 7pm. Its nearly dusk that time...
03052010245

Nothing much to do on the first day here. It just a gathering of my mom siblings, chit chat while Pak Uda's brought us for dinner at the restaurant nearby. We had a seafood (as ussual la kalau dh sampai Terengganukan..) then an awesome drinks, APPLE ASAM BOI. It was so delicious unfortunately I felt so embarassed to take a photo of the drink infront of my mom and aunt. I told ya earlier, it will annoy my mom. Macam jakun lak kan.... After dinner I was so tired (penat tgk konsert kelmarin pun belum habis lagik), so I just leave them to continue the talk (after all that was the point of our visit pun...), I found my bed then quickly felt asleep due to my exhaustion. Pikir2 balik I already passed 6 states all together(Slgr-N9-Malacca-Johore-Phg-Trgganu) in one day, what a record!! Mmg patut flat pun.

................................................................................................................................................

Day 2
Morning at Terengganu...
03052010247

Kaum ibu menikmati breakfast dan pemandangan pagi di Kerteh
03052010249

Our plan for that day was to visit Pasar Payang, mana lagi tempat2 favourite kaum ibu nak shoppingkan... both Pak Uda n Mak Uda were working that day, so it just 3 of us once more. We headed to Kuala Terengganu (another 120km with approximate 1 and a 1/2hr of journey from Kerteh) right after breakfast around 9.30am.

Sampai KT at 11am, parked near Masjid Sultan Zainal Abidin area.
03052010251

Jom..jom... Kaum ibu got all excited!
03052010255

Citarasa kaum ibu... No..no not the silks.. it's the KAFTANs!!
03052010257

Varieties of food on the groud floor. My mom borong sakan telur penyu. Huh!!
collage

Since it was a working day, not much shoppers went to Pasar Payang so we could shop quite in peace. We finished our shopping also quite early around 1pm, then on the way back to Kerteh, we stopped at Chenderiang beach for lunch "ala" Terengganu.
03052010272

I had a coconut drink while both my mom and aunt ordered ABC. Awesome!!
03052010274

Then all of us merasa Nasi Air
03052010278

Bestnya makan tepi pantai sambil ditiup angin sepoi2 bahasa... rasa mcm nak tido je kat sini
03052010282

OMG, kaum Ibu went wild, before masuk keta both of the sisters decided to feel a touch of sea water.. even under the heat of the sun.
03052010284

The waves were hugh, no wonder we cannot swim here
03052010292

Nice view
03052010293

Another modest scenery
03052010299

Going home.... continued ZZZ...zzz..zzz

At night, once more Pak Uda brought us to dinner. This time we ate western food lak... We went to the brand new Mall called Mesra Mall (wow this is new!!).
untitled2

A bit about Mesra Mall, it is known to be the biggest shopping mall on east coast of Malaysia, located in Kerteh, Terengganu. It was opened on October 2008, so basically people from Terengganu dont have to go far up to Kuantan to shop anymore as lots of branded boutiques and shops available here. There are also a sport section like squash & Futsal, plus the entertainment section like cinema and Bowling Centre, but still under construction. :P

Below is a brief map showing the road to Mesra Mall, i think it is very easy to get there.
map

I dont want to go more about this Mall so for for more information, you can visit
www.mesramall.com.my

Back to our dinner story, we went to Secret Recipe. If U notice, this restaurant has been rated as A, VERY CLEAN status. Good!
03052010301

Dont worry neither my Aunt or Mom paid this.... all under Pak Uda's treat!! But I wonder why both my mom and aunt were soo concentrate calculated money in this photo...
03052010302

Full with scrumptios foods, we all went home. Yg lain xtvt biasa, chatting all night long as this was the last night for us at Terengganu. I also as ussual, find my bed and went to sleep.

...................................................................................................................................

Last Day

Bersiap2 balik after breakfast
P5042813

Stopped by to buy keropok lekor. Mmg borong habis keropok, sata, sos cicah kat sini.
04052010305

Alhamdullilah, even I had forced my car to extend it energy back 2 back for 3 days, we managed to reach Jasin, dropped my aunty around 5pm and countinued journey with my mom and finally reached home (Kajang) at 6.30pm. Maybe you might find it's not a very interesting trip as it's more to family visit, however as long as I'd make my mother happy, Im happy to. Eventhough I'm so tired, and thinking about work on the next day, I had try very hard to hide my exhaustion from my mom as I dont want to make her think that Im not sincere in doing all this. I'm so satisfed that I could do something to cheer her up. Take is as an advance Mother's Day gift.

To my mom, I love you so much. Nothing in the world can replace you and HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!!!

No comments: