Saturday, January 4, 2014

Trip of 2012 : SWG to Fraser Hill la puloks..


18th Feb 2012


There are basically three hill resorts within reasonable driving distance in Klang Valley. The most popular one would be Genting Highlands, where fortunes are won or lost at a roll of a dice (as the saying goes). There's also an indoor and outdoor theme parks which make this place is suitable for kids and younger generation.

Cameron Highlands is more family friendly with it’s strawberry plucking and tea plantations. A place which can make all the aunties2 out there turn out crazy when it times to shop at the fresh market!!

When I was a kid, I always heard from my fren that they went to Fraser Hill during school holiday. I’ve never been there though. So when SWG planned for the yearly trip of 2012, I quickly proposed FH and it was accepted by majority. Yeehaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

A bit about Fraser Hill, it is located in the state of Pahang. Well all the hill resorts I mentioned above are located at Pahang. It's not so far from Kuala Lumpur, about 88-100km, if I'm not mistaken. There are 2 routes to FH either via Bentong or Kuala Kubu Baru (KKB). I would suggest KKB route and why?? Because we opted for the Bentong route and it was disaster. The worst road journey I ever had. Seriously!!

So ok, lets start from beginning. We went there with 3 cars. ZT, Kak Maz and Fizah's family. We the singles (Nor, Dhiya and me), as ussual were together with Fizah. Our meeting point was at Restoran Ulik Mayang, Taman Melati.


Had our breakfast while waiting for the others....

Look at this. Baby Danial was still small. It was his 2nd trip with SWG.



Baby Danial close up





Amboi, hok hubby2 nie.. makey dok pandang kiri kane (cubaan kecek kelate)




We continued our journey to Bentong - Raub - Fraser Hill (Refer map below)



It supposed to be an interesting journey. We saw lots of "rumah burung walet" (a place where they breed a little swift birds) along the way which was a rare experience. However it was a roller coaster ride. There was no straight lane at ALL and I didn't exaggerate ok!! 3 of us at the back started to pass "minyak angin" among us plus sucking the mint sweets. Nor started to standby a plastic bag. I kept looking at the road signage, counting loudly how many miles left to our destination.

If you thought that was the worst wait until you reached the Gap... The Gap??
The Gap - is the base station before a winding 8km narrow road up to the highlands, cutting through beautiful rainforest scenery and mountain ridges. The Gap road remains the only route of access up to Fraser's Hill; the road splits into two here. One to ascend the other to descend. So we started the climb. The road was narrow just enough for one car at a time. I really saluted anyone who can enjoy the view here as none of us failed to do so. Super duper roller-coaster ride...all the way up. The ride going up to FH with the never ending winding road wasn't a walk in the park for me. I felt dizzy, nausea and last thing I knew, just about 1 mile before we reached the town I threw out. BADLY inside Fairul (Fizah's husband) car. Nobody expected me to vomit, me neither. We thought it would be Nor since she was in the worst condition however she managed to "hold it" until the end.



It took around 2 1/2hr to reach Fraser Hills. We decided to check in at hotel first as all of us needed to freshen up, especially me who got covered up with "muntah". Yuksss!!

A bit about our accomodation, we stayed at Fraser’s Silverpark Resort. We had booked for two bedrooms apartment. You may get the info about this resort HERE.


Quite a spacious living room. Enough for us to play game that night!



Our kitchen!



It has a balcony and……a great view of nature! :)




Perut dah berbunyi, but being us. Temptation to pose was more important so we had a few just to satisfied ourselves. Huhuhu....




The views


Banjaran Titiwangsa



Another side of our resort



Then we went for lunch (It's nearly 4pm already). I will continue on our tour at FH town in the next post. Till then bye.


No comments: