Friday, January 25, 2013

Krabi Trip - From KL-Penang-Hatyaai to Krabi


Day 1 : KL to Penang

I went to office as ussual but with extra back pack and my sister sent me there. A little bit of drama started to begin as I got a last minute job to do in the evening and I managed to escape from office only at 6.30pm. Crossed my finger, I really hope 1 hr is enough since I needed to collect the ticket at the counter 1st as what I had in hand was the printed online receipt only. Took taxi from Serdang to Sg Besi LRT, and reached LRT Plaza Rakyat around 7pm.

Once I descended down the escalator at the station, Luckily I saw a Plus Liner booth and quickly checked if I could redeem my ticket here and to my relief the answer was YES! It has been a long time since my last visit to Puduraya so I was afraid if I cannot find the Plus Liner counter inside there. The arrangement must be changed so I didn't want to waste my not so sufficient time looking for the counter.

Once got my ticket I quickly entered the Puduraya station and exactly to my expectation it has changed a lot. With an air conditioned waiting hall, however I cannot stayed here longer so I rushed to the platform and nearly fainted to find that my bus was not there. Am I missing my bus..?? I ran back to the information counter and my blood flowed back to my face when the staff told me that the bus actually waited for me outside the platform. Next to the main road near Ancasa Hotel.

Info : Plus Liner is actually operated at KTM KL. It's main office also at KTM KL, so no allocated platform at Puduraya for Plus Liner buses. The driver will just park the bus outside the puduraya for any pasenger who wants to embark and disembark from there.

Back to my story, I sprinted back down to the platform and had an explore race to the bus. Alhamdulillah luckily sempat. I seized a deep breath when I finally took the weight off my feet on the window seat. Once got my seat I called my mom for her blessing on my journey and slept along the way to Penang...

My instinct alarm woke me up nearly at 12am and I saw that I've reached JURU PLUS toll. Called Jenot and she picked me up at Sg. Nibong Station 1/2 an hour later. From the bus station to her apartment only took 10 mins by car. Not much things to do once we arrived there and since we needed to prepare for the next day journey, we went to bed straight away.




Day 2 : Sg.Nibong bus station, Penang to Hatyai

Walk up with a beautifull sunrise panorama greeted me in the morning from Jenot's apartment view


Penang bridge also visible from here


We had a breakfast at the nearby stall and took taxi to the bus station. Went into the counter and they asked us to wait for the bus outside the bus station (near the main road) and jotted down the bus no.QA 4229 SKA. The bus picked us at 10am. Bdw hey... it was not a bus, it was actually a 12 seats MPV. Quite spacious and comfort when we entered inside since it was only 4 passengers with us that time. Never that we knew that the MPV later stopped at Sg Petani and 2 others places to collect more passengers. Nevertheless, we really enjoyed the ride. We already sense the aura of Thai since the driver was a Siamese and he played the Thai traditional song video along our journey. What an experience!!

Untitled-1.psd


We stopped at R&R Chuping, Kedah last stop in Malaysia before headed to the border of Malaysia - Thailand.


Acara wajib di setiap persinggahan!



After about 2hours of journey, we finally reached at Bukit Kayu Hitam and the driver handed us the immigration pass to fill in and we went out to the Malaysian Immigration. Once cleared, we went back to our MPV and continued to the Thailand Immigration. It's not far from Malaysia Immigration to Thailand Immigration, roughly about 10-15 mins only.

Tu dia.... Excited!!



Once we reached there, we embarked from the MPV for the checking. We didn't fully understand about the processes as the direction from our driver was not very clear. He spoke minimal English and with his thick Siamese accent so what do you expect right. We just followed the crowd, brought only our hand carry to the immigration counter and waited the MPV to pick us back once the checking settled. Luckily not much hassle and quite systematic. Probably because it was not so crowded that time. I think I also paid an immigration fee (RM2) to the driver for Thai Immigration clearance. Well I did told you, kitaorg x berapa faham ape mamat tu ckp so bayar je la. What ever la janji lepaskan... :P

Once we got back into our seat and continued our journey, the view had started to change. As the first country I visited with different alphabet, I felt totally "illiterate" here. Been stupid as I cannot spell a word on their signage and I felt it was funny too. Just enjoyed looking at the writing on the signboards and the unique culture here. Didn't want to "work out" my brain to process all the words as this is the time to treat my brain by let it relax and rejuvenate.

Fuiyo ari Sabtu pun budak2 sekolah!

Untitled-2

View at Satun Town

Untitled-3

Heavy load... Berselirat wayar elektrik dia and it's quite low. Kita punya wayar eletrik biasanya di pasang tinggi kan.


Approaching Hatyai town

Untitled-4


The MPV didn't brought us straight to Krabi, but the driver stopped at his office at Hatyai town. We needed to change to another van that later brought us to Krabi. It was 2pm however Thailand time was one hour late than Malaysia, so I adjusted my watch to 1pm to meet the local time.



While waited for the next MPV to pick us up, the staff there name Sue asked us on our accommodation there. Since we also didn't book any hotel yet, we asked her to check for any available hotel and finally only 1 hotel that within our budget was available (it was school holiday so most of the hotel was fully booked). We went for Nong Eed Resort located at the heart of Aonang Street. The MPV will sent us directly there. Price was RM120/nite. Quite pricy for me but for the last minute plan like this of course we cannot complaint much. Redha aje la. We also bought returned ticket to Penang straight away on Sunday (10am), and we managed to negotiate for an Island hopping package at 900bhat/person (aprrox RM90). So everything settled, our MPV also arrived and we headed to Aonang Krabi...


Journey from Hatyai to Aonang was not pleasant. It was quite packed as the MPV was a bit small than the previous one we had but with more people. All were backpackers with huge packs. Ok dh nama backpackers kan. I kept counting time when to reach a rest stop. My back bones was in pain and I needed to stretch. 2 1/2 hrs later my misery ended when we reached the so called R&R at Trang. We had 1/2hr rest. Since Krabi is located at south Thailand, the population mostly are Muslims so to find a halal food was not very difficult here. But still we avoided to eat meat if no sign "Halal" provided and we just bought a cold coconut jelly. It was the BEST coconut jelly I ever had! Price was RM4 and we were so satisfied.


Nature call. Like I said acara wajib! Toilet was simple but clean!




Next we continued our journey and reached Krabi town at 6pm. Most of the backpackers disembarked here. I wondered where they staying since it was nothing at this town except a night market only.

Tgk gambar pun x menarikkan?



The most happening place at Krabi is at Aou Nang beach and there was our destination. Only me and Jenot left so we were a bit worried however the driver did sent us to our hotel at Aou Nang. Relieved!! Flatted once we got into our room, we had a short nap and took a bath. Imagined the journey we had been through. Penang to Hatyai : 4hrs, Hatyai to Krabi : 4.5hrs + Krabi town to Ao Nang 1/2hr = 9hrs. Bravo!! Almost one whole day on the road!!

I will continue on my xtvt at first night in Ao Nang on my next post. Post dah sendat so stay tuned OK!!


No comments: