Thursday, January 24, 2013

Overland Trip to Krabi Island - The Plan



It was end of year and as ussual my travel partner in crime, Jenot asked me on which destination we heading this time. Hmmmm, why it's always me to do the thinking. Last minute plan, definitely travel by plane is not a good option as the charge will for sure burst our budget.

The best idea came into my mind that time was to Hatyai. It was one of the place I dreamt to visit this year. Some more, I've never been to Thailand before. I love to have a stamp from Thailand immigration in my passport. So I started to Google all the information on travel to Hatyai via inland transportation and it was how it all started................ suddenly I changed my mind to go further to Krabi Island once I read that most of the traveller did that. What...KRABI??? Yeah, alang2 dh smpai Thailand, why not explore tempat yang best & jauh skitkan.


Excited, I called Jenot and glad to hear that she also had the same excitement and she volunteered to check and settle all the transportation matters. Since she is at Penang, it is easier for her to find a bus from there.

I quickly did my part, copied all the itinerary thanks to the traveholic bloggers as it were very helpfull and ease my task. Since it was a school holiday and most of the hotels were fully booked, I planned to just walk in and buy the package for island hopping there.
Note : There's a lot of hotel from luxury to budget, depends on your pockets. However advance booking is advisable during peak time to avoid limited choices and price normally higher than normal time.

Jenot called me the next day and she had bought tickets to Krabi from Sg. Nibong Bus Station, Penang on 11th Nov (Saturday) at 9.30am. Price was RM55 one way/person. Guess what... We just planned it 3days before departure with just one thing confirm in hand - Transportation. Nevertheless we really looked forward for this trip. The flaws and challenges added an excitement in our adventure. It was an experience that money can't buy! Very precious.

Thanks also for the technology as I could comfortably bought a PLUS LINER (NICE Express) ticket to Penang online at Friday 8.00pm. Ticket price was RM38.50 one way/person. I didn't have time to go to Puduraya (we plan all this 3 days b4 departure remember..) I already printed the confirmation of payment and will redeem the ticket at the counter before departure. As simple as that!

So that was it, prelude on my trip to Krabi. A very less preparation but with a huge expectation. Read my full trip experience on next post. Till then.





No comments: