Sunday, August 21, 2011

All Alone to Medan, Indonesia

This post is connected with my last post on Medan HERE. So that was it, I was all alone.... went back to Medan for Uda's convocation. My mom stayed with Uda there to accompany her to settle the pre-convo business.

Where was my other sisters? Why they're not coming with me? Well this was the real story ..............................................................................

My sister completed her study around Apr this year. She already targeted that the convocation will be held around June'11 however cannot confirmed the exact date. I'm not sure how they manage the convocation system in Indonesia because in Malaysia, normally the convocation event already set earlier in the university's calender. There will be like convocation week so all the graduation will be done for the whole week. At least family can book the hotel and prepare other things earlier to attend the convocation.

Unlike Malaysia, I had a problem to book hotel and flight coz my sister cannot gave me the confirmation date. First she heard rumour that the convo would be held at end of June, then when she went to Medan to collect her result she confirmed that it will be on Sat 23 July 11. Excited we all booked hotel, flight what so ever. Process done, we all happy until we received this news .........



Kababoomm........ The convo was postponed to Thursday 28 July 11. Can U imagined our feeling. Dah la hari biasa, x ke pelik. BROKEN HEART, that was it. Check the date, my mom received it on 26 July. 2 days before the convo. Why we never received the invitation letter earlier? In Malaysia (compared again...), I remember I received a letter from University that I'd passed all the exams and graduated on such date, such time what so ever. And it was like 2-3 months before the convocation. That's why I told you I don't understand how they run this convocation thing. Like this was their first experience to organize this kind of event.



Never the less, what is done is done. Terlajak perahu bole gostan, terlajak tempah tiket x boleh refund. We proceed with our trip to Medan but the intention already change from celebrating Uda's convo to family vacation. That's why my mom stayed there after the vacation and I went back with the rest of my family. To read about our holiday in Medan, you can read HERE.

So itulah ceritanya. Back to my trip... since I'm still single so I volunteered to go back to Medan and accompanied my mom to see Uda graduated. Kami bertiga beranak la akhirnya.

Wednesday, 27th July after work I rushed to LCCT and parked my car there. Alhamdullilah, I reached there and made it on time to check in and waited for the flight to Medan that scheduled to be departed at 9.45pm.

Untitled-1

It was a new experience for me to travel alone. Actually just naik flight je alone. My mom and Uda already waited for me at Polonia airport. I asked them to be there at 10pm. (As per tickets estimated time of arrival would be at 9.40pm local time).

Untitled-2

However, the call of mother nature was unpredictable. Weather that night was bad. Due to poor visibility in the heavy rain, we cannot landed yet and the plane just flied around the air waited for the rain to evade. Situation that time was scary... sometime we were up from the clouds and sometime we went lower in the mid clouds and I could see the lightning strikes and the thunder made the plane shaked. Trembled, two indonesian couple behind me started to pray loudly and slowly I followed. (Ayat kursi, istifar, selawat nabi suma di bacanya).... Almost 1 hour "bergelombang" in the air finally we were given permission to land. Alhamdullilah coz I started to feel dizzy. Perut dh mual some more I didn't took any dinner yet.

Once landed, we were taken to the shuttle bus since it was still raining. 1st experience also. I never took a bus from airport to plane or vice-versa before.



Once done the custom clearance and saw my mom and Uda, rasa mcm nk cium jer lantai airport tu. Uda told me that I look confused, pale and shocked. Truly I was in all that states. Syukur, landed in peace. Rasa mcm nak mati dlm kapal tu. Kesian, mama and Uda dh tunggu dekat sejam lebih.

We directly back to hotel. Mama and Uda already swapped to Cherry Pink Hotel (more economical and nearer with Uda's campus). Since my stomach already "sebu", I had no appetite to eat. Back to room, took a bath and mama had made a hot milo for me to eat together with chocolate bread. Enaknya... flatted, then trus tido as we need to prepare early for the big event tomorrow.

I will continue my post on the convocation later and stay tune. Till then da....

No comments: