Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Part time job

This is my update for my yesterday's entry for the quest of Taman Wahyu. Alhamdullilah I was successfully reached there and collected the stuff that my sister had sent to me.

This year Im starting to have a part time job as a tutor at tuition centre in Semenyih area. I teach Add Math, Math PMR and Math for SPM every Tuesday and Thursday. Its quite challenging since I need to revise back all the topics from basic plus I didn't have any background in teaching. Students nowadays are very advance and in addition to teach these subjects in English require me to have lots of skills (teaching, psychology..etc), advance preparations and good communication in English. Of course even most of the topics are still the same, but the contents are different and more standard then what I used to learn before. So far, after 3 months I didn't encounter any major difficulties yet, everything went smoothly as I scheduled just sometimes struggled to catch up with the syllabus.

Tonight I will teach new subject which is chemistry. What a tough subject and Im thinking to drop one subject. I cannot focus if there is too much to teach because of course teach more means more pay but I have to keep the quality as well. Even its just a part time job, but the parents of students there already put their trust on me to teach their children. Its a responsibility that money cant buy. I cannot be so greedy, as Im afraid like what pepatah lama said "yg dikejar tak dapat, yg dikendong berciciran". Wish me luck in tonight's class!!

No comments: