Friday, January 22, 2010

Penang Trip

Pre-Quel

How it all started ek?? Well so far that I can remember is it all began when I in-touched back with my childhood friend Lina. Last year we had lots of xtvt together since most of my friends already got married so I have limited single ladies to hang out anymore. By end of last year, I was kind of expressed my feeling to Lina on how I felt about my life which was unlimitedly load with work, and didn't have time for holiday. My last vacation was a trip to Sabah which I visited on early March last year. Imagine 9 months without any escaped from this "hectic & pressure" world of work, I could feel that my brain had become saturated and exhausted. It need rest. So that was it... Lina had made up a plan to visit Penang and I just totally agreed. Even Lina is one of my best fren and we had known each other since childhood, this was my first time on vacation with her. I didn't know her style, but she really gave a good first impression to me. She's the one who arranged everything from sketch to reality and everything now was history.. another great memories to remember.

Early plan there were around 7 peoples joining us for this trip but last minute it turned up to 4 peoples who agreed and confirmed to go. There were Lina, Kak Yatie, Mass and me. I had try to contribute by suggesting the interesting places to visit however like I told you, Lina was so pro-active that she had arranged everything until my only task here was just to follow the trip and enjoy (off course duit pun kena sediala...). First time I feel so easy but I never under estimated Lina as I know (in fact I had experienced it many time), all her adhoc plans usually mmg "menjadi"! As long accommodation and transport settled, yg lain would not be a matter to us. We had booked a Homestay called "BAAN TALAY" and transportation would be by Lina's car. So on the planned date (15/01/2010) Friday, Lina picked up Mass who were from office to Kajang by Komuter Train, and to Kak Yatie's house (luckily Kak Yatie pn duduk Kajang) and reached my house at 8pm. Suma kelam kabut dr opis, balik umah and siap2 amik suma bag packs until Lina dtg menjemput kami one by one. So we started our journey from KL to Penang and our adventure begins...


Journey KL-PENANG

A highway star perhaps?? No, no... despite jalan yg agak jam on that night, (we had encountered more than 4 accidents along the way) our early journey was smooth but slow la. We were entertained by rangkaian lagu2 dr Mass's HP, why? Put the blame on me as I who was assigned by Lina to bring the USB modulator had disappoint them all. It's not bcoz I forgot, but my USB had been taken by my sister without my knowledge so when the time I searched for it, it was not there. However, I did made an alternative option by burning all the hits songs to the CD. It so happened plak Lina's CD player was faulty so kira mcm takde rezeki la mlm tu nak layan lagu2 wishlist kitaorg, nasib baik lagu2 kat HP mass bole la dilayan dr lagu kat radio. So dats why lyn lagu HP je, xbukak radio langsung mlm tu.

Bukti jalan yg agak padat on that night...



Around 9pm, we stopped at Hentian Jejantas Sg Buloh for dinner. I was starving that time so we went to KFC. 3of us mmg pekena ckp2 malam tu xcept Lina who just took a salad. What?? Katanya nanti kat Penang nak mkn betul2 so kena diet dulula b4 smpai sana. Whateva.. janji bahagia.





Then there was one tragedy happened to us started from here. Suspenkan.. I tell ya, mmg suspen!!! OK after dinner, we went to Petronas to fill up gas. Lina was the driver, so she paid the fuel by CC on the machine and directly started filling while 3 of us went out from the car to the shop to buy drinks & snacks. Lina joined us few minutes later to buy drink also and from that point, we changed our driver from Lina to Mass and continued our journey.

We had a second stop at R&R Sg Perak where Line urgently needed to go to the toilet.



It was my first time been here bcoz I usually stopped at R&R Tapah if going to the North part of Malaysia. Rupanya R&R nie lg hebat dr Tapah, why?? Pasal ade escalator. Even R&R jejantas pun xde tau.. ala2 shopping complex tu.



Awesome kan...??




Gayaan muka tak puas hati terhadap lina. Kenapa ek...??




Luahan perasaan : "Beli utk ko sorang je ke? X pelawa aku pun..."






From Mass camera!

Untitled-1


Sdg leka2 makan buah sambil amik gambo la then we realized that our PLUS ticket had missing. We searched everywhere in the car, bonnet, front compartment, under seats, back seats, all the places plus inside Lina's bag but the ticket was still not found. Nearly half an hour, we finally surrendered to find the ticket and made a conclusion that it might fall from the car when we were at the Petronas station becoz according to Lina the last time she saw the ticket was when we stopped at Sg Buloh. She had put the ticket on the compartment at the driver door so it might fall when Lina opened/closed the door.

We were all thrilled to think our fate and nearly spoil our mood to Penang. Ape2 pun, we had to continue our journey, it just perjalanan tadi yg havoc dgn suara kitaorg berkaraoke trus diam and masing2 buat muka monyok especially when I suggested that we have to pay at least RM200 for the missing ticket. I didn't mean to add the pressure on the scene but I usually took any decision based on the worse case scenario. Normally when we lost our train ticket, we will be charged according to the maximum charges (end to end point) so I estimated the toll charges from JB to Bkt Kayu Hitam , that's why it come out the cost of RM200 which was the MAX that we needed to pay. (Biar lebih dr kurang kan..). Suddenly Lina had remembered something that had save our trip that night. She suggested that we used T&G (Touch & GO) lane instead of normal cash lane becoz according to her, T&G sometimes cannot detected our first scanned point (pls I advise dun ever try this action.. unless if U're really desperate like us and pls read my story until end to find out either this tactic really works or not). She had accidentally did that before where she used her father T&G to exit to highway, however by mistake scanned using her T&G to exit from highway and successfully went through the toll barrier without any charges!. Considering our circumstances that had no choice, we took up the risk and agreed with Lina's idea but with a condition. We topped up around RM100 to her T&G card as a back up, at least if it didn't work there's something in the card to be deducted rather than zero amount, nampak sgt macam sengaja xnak bayar plak. Frankly we all started to pray along the way and debaran semakin memuncak when we reached the JURU toll, Penang. Jeng..jeng.. jeng.. as per our plan, we took the T&G lane, scanned the card and YAHOO!!!!! We made it. We passed through but not for free. There's a charges as the balance at our T&G card became RM24++ so they deducted around RM78 and at the screen it stated "Tiada maklumat perjalanan" some sort like that la... Relief, at least RM78 better than RM200 even the actual charge from KL to Penang supposed to be RM43.30 only. :D. Klakar sgt bila ingat2 balik that we all cheered out loud like crazy that time, even sbnarnya bukan free pun, kena charge jugak. Huhuhu...

We reached the Penang bridge around 2am, sempat turun kat tgh2 jambatan bg peluang to Kak Yati & Mass amik gambo, lgpun bila lg nak merasa as usually this bridge mmg sesak & jam waktu siangkan. Time2 nie la yg aman nak amik gambo.




View2 tgh malam hasil tangkapan Miss Yatie & Mass






After that we headed to BAAN TALAY at Tg Bungah. So far no problem to find the place even we had to make several U-turns becoz the Homestay was located at the back of Hotel & apartments so it's been blocked from the main road. Our homestay was an old bungalow (well it's reminded me those houses at Jalan Stonor and U-Thant area KL), 2 stories like an English colonial type near the beach. Mr Kris the owner was not there to welcome us (Ok we promised to check in around 10pm last2 sampai pkul 2am), instead he assigned his friend, Mr Stephen for registration and to show us the room.

Mata dh rabak time nie. Lina sign ape2 yg patut.



We got one room at 2nd floor, quite spacious for 4 peoples as it can put the 2 queen size beds in it, air conditioned and with TV. (br perasan dr sampai until balik, ktorg x pernah pun tgk TV tu, nampak sgt betapa packednya trip kami kali nie).



Kemudahan yg ade. Ok la kan.... Very the backpacker. I loike...!!!




The toilet was outside but not so far from our room so kiranya bole la berlari2 berkemban kuar masuk bilik air. Selesalah for back packers cuma yg x syoknya we have to control our voice as this is a homestay, jd sebarang bunyi yg keterlaluan can disturb other people jgkkan. Sbnarnya pun kitaorg dh kena sound masa mula2 smpai lg. Ye la excited punya pasal... tu la jadinya. Once we got our room key, everyone took turn for bath and trus tido. Mmg dah x larat da.. The next day plan was to tour Batu Feringgi tp kononnya before that we decided to go to the nearest beach, mandi2 and watch the sunrise. That means we had to wake up early by 7am. Did our plan succeed?? Yeah we will see....


No comments: