Monday, April 13, 2009

Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone

I've been working at JARING COMM, an IT company for almost 5years. Even I was graduated in an engineering line, it was JARING who opened the opportunity for me to gain an experience as a Customer Service Executive in 2004, right after my graduation. Yup.. this is my first serious job (let be the part time jobs) and after that without turning my head back, I started to climb the stairs up to another headed to what I had achieved and become now. Maybe it's not very impressive compared to other person, but so far I can define myself in a stable, steady and in comfort situations. Within these years, I'm so focused in establishing myself in this company; to prove my capabilities and contribute as much as I can in returned of chance that this company had given to me. Once I'd been promoted last year, I made it cleared that this is my destiny to work in a field that is different with my background but that doesn't mean that I cannot perform. And I already proved it. So I stick with this comfort zone of mine, until one call and action had change all my perceptions forever...................

It was my bestie, Fizah who actually FORCED me to apply for a vacancy at her company (KNM Berhad) as an engineer. Of course she had asked me to try numerous times before but I just not interested (I'd been queried in this issue of "blaja lain, keje bidang lain" so many times until I already bored and get used with it). I respected their concern but it just like I'd told ya earlier.. it's not as easy as changing cloth you see... as a matter of fact, I did got an offer as an engineer before, but the company was not financially stable. Of course there are a few aspects, pro n cons that I need to consider before I accept the offer. That's what made me stay at JARING until now.

Back to the above story, since Fizah was so enthusiastic and I feel bad to let her down, so I emailed her my resume and she submitted it to her boss. I never put a high hope for this application since I know I did’nt have any working experience in engineering plus my basic knowledge also already “rusted.” I made this just to satisfy her so that she does’nt push me anymore. I still remember, it was on 5th of March that they called me for an interview because the night before it I still can hanged out with frens watching Jason Mraz concert and reached home at 1am. But I think you all must agree that sometimes there are things that we did’nt expected or hope the most, but we get it, and there are things that we’re dying to get it, but failed. In my case I received a phone call from KNM saying that I’m succeed in the interview session and they had approved to accept me as an engineer at their company. Alhamdullilah….

So this is it, I already tendered my resignation on 9th April… and my last day of employment will be on 28th April 09. I will start to work at KNM Berhad on 9th May 2009. This is my first time in job’s transition, so I’m so nervous and hesitate in giving my resignation letter to my boss. I still love JARING, but I know my time has come and this is a chance that I need to grab even I did’nt know either I had made a right decision or not. All I know is, there’s a risk that I need to face and I have to leave my comfort zone to know how far I can go and develop myself. Pray for my success ya and I hope Allah will always guide me in my judgment. Insyaallah…







1 comment:

miss shazack said...

chaiyok!!im right beside ya sis!