Friday, October 2, 2009

A MISSING BOY

Last 2 days, I went to CIMB Bank at Kajang around 9pm. It was raining and the town was so packed and congested probably because people were out for Deepavali shopping. I was just finished my business on the ATM machine when I heard a Malay boy, about 7 years old crying out loud to a guy nearby who also seemed to do a transaction at the ATM. He screamed "papa...papa" and the guy replied "sekejap yer".. My first thought that it was just a normal argument between father n son but I managed to realize what really happened when an Indian lady asked that guy "Is that ur son" and he replied no. I got the idea that this boy was separated from his family for quite a long time based on his puffy and swollen eyes plus he kept calling for his papa. I cannot imagined how long he had been lost, where was the last place he noticed that his family was not there and either his family realized that their son had been missing. It was such a very touching scene to see a hopeless boy crying for his father. One thing that made me relieved was the fact that the boy was lucky to meet a responsible man. Last conversation I heard between that guy and the Indian lady that he was going to send the boy to a police station and for me it was a wise decision. After make sure everything was fine, I walked to my car but that situation was still hanging around my head and I could still heard his crying echoing at my ears. I kept on wandering what will happen to that boy if he met the wrong person or had an accident? In the end, all I can do was to pray that he will meet his family back.

So for all my dearie friends, I’m writing this note as a reminder to all of you, whether it is your daughter/son, sister/brother or niece/nephew… every time if you’re out with children, please remember to be extra carefull. Watch them properly as you might not want anything like adik Nurin Jazilin or Syalini happened again because if it is too late, there is no regret. Prevention is the best action.

No comments: